RWhois Operational Development (rwhois) Charter
NOTE: This charter is accurate as of the 32nd IETF Meeting in Danvers. It
may now be out-of-date. (Consider this a "snapshot" of the working
group from that meeting.) Up-to-date charters for all active working
groups can be found elsewhere in this Web server.
- Mark Kosters <email@example.com>
- Scott Williamson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Operational Requirements Area Director(s):
- Scott Bradner <email@example.com>
- Michael O'Dell <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Mailing List Information
- General Discussion:email@example.com
- To Subscribe: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In Body: subscribe rwhois
- Archive: ftp://rs.internic.net/put/rwhois/rwhois-archive
Description of Working Group
The RWhois Operational Development Working Group will be a forum
for coordinating the deployment, engineering and operation of the
RWhois protocol to replace the current centralized whois model. The
minimum attribute set will be defined to ensure that all delegated
registries maintain the required information. Required user
authentication will be defined to allow remote registration with RWhois
servers. Operational procedures will be established to ensure that all
delegated servers conform to a set of minimum standards. If necessary
the RWhois protocol specification will be updated to reflect changes in
requirments identifed during the working group tenure.
Goals and Milestones
- Apr 95
- Establish final charter, goals, and long term group agenda.
- Jul 95
- Submit an Internet-Draft which documents guidelines for the registration of delegated RWhois servers.
- Jul 95
- Submit Internet-Draft which documents the minimum required data for distributed registration using RWhois.
- Sep 95
- Establish methods of authentication for remote interactive registration and submit as an Internet-Draft.
- Sep 95
- Establish an active test bed of RWhois servers between each of the regional registries.
No Current Internet-Drafts
No Request for Comments